How to take care of your gloves so they don't end up smelling worse than a rotten tuna sandwich left on an MTA metro seat!
- Make sure to wear hand wraps! Not only do they offer additional protection they also absorb sweat.
- Wash your hand wraps with warm water and dish soap!
- Wipe off sweat both inside and outside your gloves with an antibacterial wipe or spray. You may also create a DIY spray with 1/3 vinegar and 2/3 water!
- Air out your gloves to reduce bacteria build up and scent.
- You can also try putting dryer sheets in to freshen up!
Taking care of hand wraps: A comprehensive guide
- Hand wash - to keep the hand wraps in pristine shape, we recommend soaking and washing them in soapy, warm water!
- Machine wash - a less time-consuming option, we suggest washing hand wraps in a laundry bag, washed on gentle cycle and cold water!
- No dryer: avoid heat at all cost!! Try air drying them instead to keep the fabric from shrinking.